Chef in the Making
There are several things that one has to learn when becomming a chef.
Step 1 Dont EVER leave a pot !!!
Step 2 Always Clean a burnt pot... well scorched is more like it.
These are two things that I have had to learn the hard way. I was learning to poach...I needed flour for the recipe, so naturally I went to go get the flour. No never having used a scale.. I was playing around with it. Well, I guess I was playing around with it too long.
When I came back.... My saute pan was well scroched. I came back and was like WHAT?! Chef Bernal comes over and says, " Yeah, you shouldn't have left you pot"
"What's the rule in the kithen if you've burnt your pot?"
"DUH, um, I dunno".
"Anyone who brns their food must clean the burnt pot ALWAYS!"
Good times. Cleaning a burnt pot, thats something that I want to spend my time in the kitchen doing.
She says thats ok that's why your the student.
TRUE VERY TRUE !!!
That is how we as chefs learn....
Never Leave a pot!!! Not only did I scorch the pot I burnt the chicken that I was paochin so we had to fix it. If I do say so myself I thought it was rather tasty !!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home